Monday, November 28, 2011

The Con of Single parenting

No matter how altruistic your plans are....when you date, even when things are awesome, even when you shield  your kid from too much of the other person, your kid still breaks your heart and reminds you of why single parenting is hard.

Tonight Tigger was asking me about S.  I told her S doesn't live at the house and he was at work....that maybe she will see him on the weekend for a little bit.  She sat down and cried and asked me to open the door so that "S" could come in.

Sigh, as much as I try to keep it cool, she "knows"...and now Tigger likes S a lot and S really likes Tigger and is fun to be around when Tigger is with us even in a group.

Prayers for our family please!

6 comments:

Ticia said...

Ugh, I'll be praying for you girl. That's got to be hard.

Peter Combs said...

I'm a young married guy, and without kids of my own I can't really say that I know how you feel. What I can say is that in the end these sad moments will not hold a candle to the great memories your daughter will share with you. Keep your chin up.

Barb said...

[sigh] You are so brave to be out there doing this. It is fear of exactly that which has kept me from going out there yet. I hope everything works out as you'd like.

JC said...

They really can rip at your heart! Sounds like you have a good thing going, ENJOY it. xo

DeeChloRox said...

S does sound great. Tigger may be more perceptive than you. Either way...kids are more resilient than adults. So if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, Tigger will help you get through it!

Anonymous said...

Ugh!!! So much about being a single parent is so hard, but add dating into the mix...well, its just tough. Yea for you, though, that you have found someone!!!

Eileen