Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Truisms: why 2 year old girls are fun

"I have no time for anything, cut my hair, do my nails, do every housework needing to be done, BLOG regularly, but in the end I know this age doesn't last and I need to live in the moment of magic"

"apparently when Mom doesn't oblige a request, a heart felt prayer and shout-out to Jesus is supposed to change that making for interesting moral dilemma on not squelching faith and not giving in to manipulation"

"apparently even if it is not introduced or encouraged, the mystery aura of "the diva" parades into the house and comes full force at times"

"modesty/humility is not present at all"

"The louder you cry, the more dramatic it sounds"

"I've never felt something more beautiful than a 2 year old hugging me.  There is something genuine and sincere about that"

"One day you wake up and are having short conversations with your child and you wonder how that came about!"

If I haven't said it enough, I will say it again.  I LOVE the 2 year old year.  This has been the.best.year.so.far.  Yes there is drama and at times some need for time-out....but I find nothing terrible about this age.  Tigger you are awesome and have your mami wrapped around your little finger (for love not for breaking rules or boundaries though...sorry girl!)



3 comments:

Step-parent's Cove said...

What a beautiful post. I enjoyed my children at that age also. I miss having little people around.

DeeChloRox said...

It's a fun age, and she's a fun girl! She has to try boundaries or how will she know how far she can go? And if you can't ask Jesus and Mom for help, who can you ask?! She's got a good mommy and she knows it already! What smart two-year old!

Anonymous said...

I love it when they start talking in sentences - their view of the world is so pure and yet they also know how to pull that string wrapped around your little finger so you cave to every desire...at least that's how it worked for me with dad.