Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Of ear infections and ELD

Well let me just preface this by saying the last 3 nights have been sleepless due to Tigger being ill AND teething at the same time.  I didn't know how ill until late yesterday where I just took her to the urgent care by my house.....not just an ear infection, but a double ear infection.  I'm just a little frazzled because I know she is teething, yet usually you get fever signs of an infection and yet Tigger did not spike a fever this past week at any time.....arg.  So we are off daycare for two days at least....my mother is taking care of her today and I'll stay home tomorrow to take care of her.  Ah sick toddlers.....wonderful drama. 

ELD....stands for English Language Development....taught in the mornings during rotations.  I don't know who thought it would be a good idea for the special ed. staff to run ELD groups as well, we would get the lower performing kiddos and it would  count as an intervention period as we would get the EO students (English only)....I guess this is part of this RTI "kumbaya" moments we seem to be having this year.  It's just funny to me.  Today was the first day.  I have 8 lovely students I see and they try really hard.....we'll see how this goes....as long as it's not impacting my time with my IEP students it should go well.  So far so good. 

No comments: