Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yes....we are different!

I don't think I've made it a secret that I grew up as a tomboy.  If you didn't know that, here's a rundown of my favorite toys/activities as a child:

1.  Legos
2.  Matchbox cars
3.  Lincoln Logs
4.  Tinker Toys
5.  Trains
6.  Sports/primarily softball

I also could have cared less about styling my hair and was happy to let my mom do my hair and not learn anything about it til I was in high school.  Yes you read that right....high school....then I cut my hair short.

Then I became a mom.  And this is what my daughter loves at the moment:

1.  Baby dolls
2.  pretending to wear make-up like mom (I now do...didn't before)
3.  kitchen
4.  pretend play with princess dresses
5.  clothes/shoes

And today as we were getting ready for a viewing/funeral (yes I'm Hispanic so we do take our little kids to these things as lessons such as life/death are taught early) she goes into my closet and takes out a scarf and told me I needed to wear it with my dress....what was funny was that the scarf actually matched/went with my outfit.  I was floored.  Apparently I already have a fashion designer/adviser.

Oh and I also was blessed with a daughter that has curly hair.  In other words, this tomboy mom is constantly scouring the internet, help from friends, and learning as she goes to make sure Tigger has great hair....

Ironic much?  I have to say, I am intrigued by this 'girl' world though!  Am glad to be part of it!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Too funny. I could have written this. I feel the same way about all that girly stuff and I was taken aback when I found out my second child was going to be a girl. Eva's still too young to be showing any preferences for girly stuff, but her favorite toys are whatever her brother is playing with. It's so funny that we'd do anything for our children... including wearing scarfs and learning to pay attention to fashion. And pink. :)