Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Child Has Talent!

Ok this blurb of a post may be too much information (TMI) for some of you so just warning you now ok? Right!

First Talent:  Tape-removing!
So this afternoon I was doing laundry and Tigger loves to be right next to me and well take clean laundry and put it on her head or do dress up or something, so since I was annoyed that the packages of new underwear that I bought for myself (yes it's been a while ha ha) had tape around each set....ugh....since I needed to occupy my child, I just out of a whim said, here Tigger, mommy can't get the tape out, can you do that for me?

She gave me that serious brow furrowed face of hers and took all 12 of the ones I needed to wash and went into my room....didn't think much of it, I continued to load the washer, then went to find out how my child was doing.

Well....lo and behold, my child had un-taped six of the twelve already and was working quite rapidly at getting the rest done...with a "here mami"....I was blown away.  Good job Tigger, you are totally my tape undoer expert!  This is not my area of expertise but I'm thinking this is great fine motor skills for a new 2 year old right? ha!

Second Talent:  Knowing my specific needs
So it never fails, even though I discretely try to go to the bathroom by myself while Tigger is entertained elsewhere, she has a bionic ear and zoom, zoom, comes into the bathroom with me and doesn't leave.  I usually don't care, but it happens all the time....even during that lovely time of the month.  Do not need an audience for that.  Well I just finished that lovely time of the month...and this month Tigger has been, well I guess astute because when she saw me head into the bathroom she ran to my bathroom drawer, got into a specific one and runs over to me and hands me....yup you guess it, a tampon....(told you TMI)

uh Thanks Tigger, way to figure out that these things are used once in a while!  What will happen next?!

5 comments:

My Fam-i-Lee said...

ahhh...the joys of motherhood!

Missional Family said...

Hehe that is too cute!

Last Mom said...

Too funny on the tampon! Our cat runs to the bathroom to join us.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

I have often wondered why each individual pair of panties needs to be rolled and taped. Don’t even start me on the insanity that is toy packaging!

Once at the dr.’s office he was taking forever, so I shuffled the two little ones off to the restroom with me. When we returned to the room he was talking to my big girl, turned to me and said, “Oh, there you are!” And my middle one replied, “Yeah, she had to go change her blood” Now…that was TMI!

Unknown said...

Great job on the tape removing! I'm impressed!!! About bathroom privacy, ummm, yeah, once you become a mom, it's a thing of the past.