Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Truisms: Summer is over

You'll notice it's been a while since I've had this 'Tuesday Truisms' posts up.....been having too much fun this summer.  Well this is the last Tuesday of vacation so thought I'd bring it back from the dead.  Per usual, these are just my musings that I've concocted during the week (or in this case summer) and bring them to print.

"If you want your child to walk, you may need to hold their hand.....for some reason telling them to walk makes them go into a fast trot/gallop instead of a walk"

"Pools used to be so much fun....before kids, now I see it as an agent of possible drowning so must be paranoid at all times"

"Just because you put your almost 2 year old in a daily 2-week swimming lesson, doesn't mean they'll be proficient swimmers by the end of two weeks"  (oooops must be one of those naive mommy moments)

"Staying at home with your toddler is really priceless and worth it"

"Toddlers change from month to month, especially in the summer"

"I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't expecting the theme/repetitive song(s) of Blues Clues and Wonder Pets to be implanted into my brain guaranteeing a loss in IQ points"

"Even though I work, working in the schools gives me the best of both worlds....working and staying home...unfortunately the best world is ending this week"

"Kids help you make new friends...adult friends who are also moms dealing with similar dilemmas"  (thank you play group and play dates)

"There is nothing at all like a Southern CA summer....may be hot, but you're guaranteed to feel better under the shade or when the sun goes down and the fresh air hits"  (sorry all you people living with constant humidity, that must really suck!)

Another look into my brain yet again.  Until next week!

2 comments:

Ticia said...

so incredibly true about toddler TV shows, I try to leave the room as much as possible or head sets.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

All true!