Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nebulizers and Goose eggs oh my!

Yup the title says it all.  Tonight will not be a warm fuzzy night.  Tonight I've had to use the Nebulizer for the 3rd time today and before bedtime Tigger totally fell against a a corner and a humongous goose egg began to form.  It was off to the side so it looks worse than the usual bruises on the front of the head. 

It's official today is one of those days that I want to put the sign "fail" on my forehead.  As I looked at that bruise, I almost went to the ER until I had my mom look at it after calling and panicking and she said no....she didn't pass out, vomit, stay dazed, or act funny so an hour later, Tigger finally went to bed and she was her happy self singing over me while I was rocking her to sleep. 

I don't think I'll be up much longer, sometimes parenting just isn't fun or all smiles.  Of course as my mom always gives encouragement her parting words were "don't worry, just wait until the real accidents start happening and there's blood and stitches and casts."  Well thanks mom!  That just makes me look forward to the future. 

1 comment:

Ticia said...

Goose eggs form very fast and can be very scary. Thankfully they also tend to go down somewhat fast.

Now, head wounds that bleed, those stick around forever.

Sadly, I have all too much experience with that.