Sunday, May 15, 2011

End of Babyhood

I'm sure if you're my 'friend' on Facebook this will be nothing new since I already posted a blurb about my feelings there, however, I find myself being a bit sentimental tonight.

I'm usually not one for crying or getting depressed after a new milestone, however, today was BIG.  Last week, Tigger had a couple of episodes where she stuck her leg through the crib railings (I don't know how she got past the knee) while I was sleeping and of course I wake up to bloody murder screaming.  Going in the room I assess the situation and immediately try to finagle that leg that shouldn't have been out so far to go back into the crib.  Can we say that doing this means the angle of the leg needs to be in perfect alignment in a particular way in order to get it back without dislocating or breaking a knee or ankle?  So first time this happens I say "fluke".  Second time it happens within the same week, well I guess that tidbit of wisdom my mom told me "You will magically know when it is time to move on to a toddler bed" suddenly hit me so tonight, my daughter is soundly sleeping in a toddler bed.  It sounds so grown-up.  It doesn't look like a baby lives here anymore.  Kind of melancholy. Wow.   My big girl!


Earlier in the day Tigger went to her cousin's 2nd Birthday Party.  She had a blast and actually hit the pinata as well as filled up her candy bag....who knew my almost 2 year old would catch on quick....she actually got a lot of candy so I think that the good mom thing to do would be to raid the candy!


7 comments:

Ticia said...

And just wait someday she'll do this: http://adventuresofmommyness.blogspot.com/2010/02/for-anyone-who-needs-laugh-right-now.html

Ticia said...

Bother that was supposed to be clickable......

Unknown said...

Bittersweet, isn't it?!

Mama Melissa said...

that is definitely a milestone! mine will be good in a toddler bed for awhile, but i'm thinking a twin here this summer!!! egad! they grow up SO DARN FAST!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Last Mom said...

Congrats to Tigger on the big girl bed!

Anonymous said...

It is bittersweet for sure! It's such a big step for you both. She looks very happy and cute in her new bed!

Heather D said...

They do grow up so fast! I'm not looking forward to my boy being in a big boy bed. But Tigger looks so cute in her big girl bed!