Monday, May 23, 2011

I was doing well.....

Did you all notice I was blogging almost every day of the week?  I was doing so well.  And then Tigger discovered that a toddler bed isn't like a crib and you can climb out of it.  So the past 3 days have been a rendition of "The Nanny" at our house (did any of you ever watch that show?).  Thing is, it's one of my battles I want a clear win.  So hence the quiet for the past few days.  We are slowly getting there, but it leaves me exhausted.  Kinda like this

So until I regain my strength friends....as my daughter is very persistent by nature!

5 comments:

Laura said...

So I guess bailing twine won't work?

I kid, I kid.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Been there, i finally let them sleep in my bed so i can get some sleep. they do grow out of it...you couldn't pay my 12 year old to sleep in my bed now. she doesn't ever remember doing it.

Mie said...

Not particularly looking forward to it but I better get my act in gear. I have one of those drop-side cribs that I have to get rid of next week - so I have a choice. Break out the toddler bed I already have or buy a new crib. The challenge in the choice is that I'd either have to decide which 19 month old (I have 2) to convert or both - in which case I'd have to conver the other crib or buy another toddler bed to match the one I have already. Jeesh - I'm not good with decisions.

Good luck! I'm with Sunday. I haven't had that problem with any of my fosters but my biological son had the hardest time with sleep and still does at 4.5. He gets to sleep in my bed every other night, something he looks forward to. I secretly do too.

Anonymous said...

Yep. Little was out of a crib and into a toddler bed when he was just 16 months old. The crib NEVER worked for him. He would just stand there and scream and scream and scream. It was exhausting...And regardless of what Super Nanny said, he NEVER fell asleep on his own (or with us there comforting him). Just didn't work for him. Period. So we took the sides off and he's slept in his bed ever since. He still gets up about once a night (usually) but we just lead him right back in and he falls back asleep. You'll get there. Just stay persistent. You can do this!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Been there! Tough it out...the Supernanny technique does work, but it's completely exhausting for mommy! Good luck.