Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and new skills

Tigger is her own individual.  She will not cave in to toddler peer pressure, she doesn't care if others are walking, she will do her own thing when she is ready.  After some false hope two weekends ago, Tigger went back to crawling or doing the 007 walk (it's the name I give babies cruising fast along the wall looking like spies).  Out of nowhere on Friday she ran....yes ran 15 steps to my dad (he picks her up from daycare on Fridays).  Since then, it's been walking here, walking there, what happens if we go fast, falling here, getting up and running everywhere.  Oh my.  Of course this made for a great Halloween.  I put her costume on and voila, there was Tigger walking and running in her Halloween costume that actually was a "Tigger" costume.  We then went to our church's Trunk or Treat event and she had an absolute blast.  I made her hold my hand though as I had visions of her smacking her face on the concrete cracking her teeth and face, but a fun time was had by all.  I'm sure many church folk were laughing at us as Tigger was running and dragging me along from activity to activity.  Picking her up resulted in a very unhappy Tigger, so running alongside my toddler was what needed to happen.  Grandma and Grandpa were there with video camera in hand so I'm sure we looked like silly people oohing and aahhhing over "walking". 

On a side note, since she is walking, she's also discovered doors and door handles.  This morning that led to discovering how to open the door to the bathroom....hm guess it's time to either keep visual at all time or make sure the toilet lids are baby proofed. 

No comments: