Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This Is Who We Are...Nothing More, Nothing Less


I decided to break protocol and add a post in the middle of my day because I ran into this picture and it just struck me as to how sweet it looks.  This is everything Tigger and I stand for.  WE are family and when I look at this picture I see a complete family.  It's everything to me and there's nothing missing. 

Lately this month as I've surfed the net, it amazes me how much some people are quick to post comments that without marriage one is not complete...that you still end up alone and that's not what life is about.  I still whole heartedly agree that a 2-parent home is the ideal, however, my life is complete (sorry Christian bloggers am I allowed to say that without guilt? :-/  well sorry, I just did :-o ).  God is my guiding light and my days are filled with happiness (even if tantrums occur and I'm tired by 8pm).  This picture reminds me of the things that matter in life and I'm happy and a little guilty on the pride thing to say that THIS is my family and I love it.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

I love you my little Tigger.  Mommy can't wait to come get you today!  It's early release and we have a holiday tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Bubeaner said...

You got it right D.

First, if you are not at peace with being alone, you will not be at peace as a couple. I fear for people that say they HAVE to have someone next to them.

And second, a family is what we create of it. Sometimes we are blessed with two parents and a bunch of kids. Sometimes, we are blessed with a partner and no kids. And sometimes we are blessed with kids and no partner. And sometimes, we are blessed with being able to devote ourselves entirely to God. What makes any of those a family is love.

You have God as your first priority. And that is what matters.

Love you,

RMH

P.S. Loved talking with you even if it was only for a little while before complete chaos erupted in my house. =)

Anonymous said...

Love this post and your blog! I agree whole heartedly. I am in the exact same place! I'm so glad you stumbled across my blog!

Marcy Payne said...

I love this post. You are a very special mommy and I think that you are perfect together. God guides us all to do different things and how can one say that taking a child who needs a mom and a mom that needs a child and putting them together is wrong? Not me! God has told us to take care of widows and orphans and so I think he has blessed your "union" as a family. Hugs!!