Monday, March 14, 2011

Change is Hard!

This past weekend was the ever dreaded Daylight Savings Time.  Spring forward or some such nonsense.  I really don't get why we do this, other than to send our children into confusion and adults into crabby beings for a few days. 

I figured this would be a good time to see if Tigger would start stretching out until 7:30 or 8:00 pm for her bedtime.  Well of course Sunday it did work out since at 8pm she obviously thought it was still 7pm.  Tonight however, it was chaos....we ended up staying til 7:30pm, but I'm not sure if she's ready for that half hour change.  I thought she would be, but I may be wrong. 

Looking ahead, I think she would enjoy Vacation Bible School this summer at our church, but usually the hours are 6-8pm and so ultimately was trying to get her used to evening hours before going into total meltdown.  We'll see what happens.  She is a child that needs her sleep, so it could just be that she is not ready to be stretched and maybe this grand change I had envisioned will not come to pass. 



(yeah I need to get more room going in my camera memory card again, but this is how she is now!)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if the time change has been harder on Shawn and me or the kids. We're all a little grumpy this week!!!