Thursday, March 31, 2011

So this thing has hit the blogging circuit too? By request...

I didn't realize that sometimes these posts with tagging appear on blogs as well.  Well thank you to a complete and total  kick-butt Jellybean mama, a choice mom,  for the tag. 

Rule #1: The tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.


Rule #2: Tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (OK, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tagee must state who tagged them.

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
While Daisy did fall into the Queen category before Tigger came along, she is now more dog than human....sorry Daisy, the little person gets all the trinkets that I used to spend on you.  Of course my spoiled 'Beverly Hills' (OMG love that movie with Jamie Lee Curtis) Chihuahua is part of the family.  We both love her...she loves me, she loves Tigger now, but keeps a very safe distance, as Chi's are not fans of toddlers. 
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
4 kids, the discipline to make as much money being a SAHM for a few years until the Tigger is in school....I know some people can work for themselves from home and stay with their kids and they are single....I'm just not that disciplined. 
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Go to Maine every summer and rent out a beach house/bungalow....rent out a cabin in the mountains during the winter and go on weekends there is snow up there.  (I'm happy with simple) Have savings for my child, college fund, leave the rest to her.  Instead of living in a townhouse, I'd love a simple 3 bedroom small house (I hate cleaning people, simple is better) with a lovely spacious backyard so that the parties can be at my house where I KNOW I'll be supervising. 
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Reese's peanut butter cups, pizza and a movie, friends, dancing a jig with the Tiggers!  Usually that pulls us both out of a funk.
5. What is your bedtime routine?
Watch TV after the Tigger goes to bed at 7:30pm, write my blog post, surf online, read, sleep by 11pm at the latest.
6. Name something that has surprised you this week about motherhood.
That you really do have to have patience and you have to teach and reinforce rules more than a few times.  I honestly thought that if one was consistent that after a few times it would be ingrained.....still reeling from a plate of spaghetti thrown in my general direction after the Tigger melted down in frustration....Mondays I tell ya.
7. What kind of books do you read?
ha ha ha....well when I read now, it has to do with discipline, working with your child's sensitive personality, spirited, stubborn children....however, I used to love crime novels....I would read true crime books...law enforcement/FBI really intrigues me. 
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Living in a 3 bedroom single family home (there's that 3 bedroom house thing again), with a tweener...oh my, 10 years closer to retirement.
9. What’s your fear?
Dying before Tigger is an adult, losing Tigger before I have a chance to die, making too many parental mistakes (not the stupid everyday mistakes....the big ones)

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
I can't see giving up peanut butter cups just for that. 
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
I stumble downstairs to fill Tigger's sippy cup with milk, and go give it to her while I get ready for work.  This allows ample time for Tigger to get used to the idea that we need to get up, she cannot be rushed into getting dressed. 
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single - if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
my first pick would be David Duchovny as he was in the 90s....oh X-files I miss thee. I also wouldn't mind Joshua Jackson....oh Fringe, I love thee.
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I love my name.  It's just less common which is why I use my nickname instead for the fake assurance of privacy.
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
SUN.  I'm a lizard.  I love heat.  I was happy it made it to 90 degrees today.  (of course it helps I live in a place with limited humidity). 
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Quesadillas....love them.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I've been able to connect with more choice moms....they are all really cool and very different from each other [including me] and all become mothers differently.  I also have connected with a lot of people involved in the adoption world....adoptive parents, adoptees, and birthparents.  All stories are special and unique. 
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Reese's peanut butter cups all the way!
18. What items are in your purse right now?
Wallet, keys (both work and home), chapstick, diaper, desitin, change of clothes for a 19 month old, floss, cell phone, bag of cheerios, granola bar, ipod shuffle
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
BEACH.....HELLO!  Tigger and I have our "spot"....and by the beach, the tide pools have been very educational...(we accidentally dropped a hermit crab into a sea anemone and watched a very sad fate....oops)
20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't?
The way Law & Order has gone into the grimy stuff, probably shouldn't watch that, however, I think it kicks serious butt that Jellybean mama also watches this!  Detroit 1-8-7, basically I'm addicted to crime procedural dramas, and Fringe. 

But now I get to tag so would love to hear from:
Just people I'd love to know more about even if it is just fluff questions :). 





5 comments:

KitchenCathi said...

NEVER in my whole life has anyone made me want Peanut Butter Cups so much. For breakfast. So, thanks for that.

And thanks for doing the tag!

grace said...

ha ha i loved this post!! i can't believe you tagged me :) better get started then!

Ticia said...

What, you didn't tag me :) Okay, I have to admit I've gotten horrid at filling these out.

And space, it's the final frontier, who wouldn't want to go to space?

DannieA said...

LOL @ Ticia....I used to tag you for everything....I was highlighting some of my readers that I'd like to know more fluff about LOL

Missional Family said...

I posted mine! It was fun!! Thanks for tagging me!